The focus on Lean thinking will allow a shift in management focus. This shift will be to create and deliver customer value, rather than focusing on physical assets. Adopting this strategy allows a cost-effective way to face the challenges of global competition and overall efficiency.
- Build efficient processes, eliminating wasted time, effort and materials
- Design continuous improvement that will be effective at all levels in your organization
- Create a passion to discover and remove waste within your organization
Electronic Value Stream Mapping
Remove unnecessary processes or components of processes to increase efficiency. As a companion — not a substitute — to paper-and-pencil mapping, the software allows lean practitioners to easily create, modify, and disseminate electronic value-stream maps.
- Create electronic value stream maps
- Simplified drawing process with such features as automatic icon drag and drop, right-click menus of data box attributes (cycle time, uptime, and rework percentage, OEE input, Change Overs, Scrap Loss etc.)
- Build multiple versions of future-state maps showing implementation and what-if analysis
- Share value-stream maps electronically to others via E-mail or the web
- Organize multiple maps for macro value-stream analysis
- Perform Lean calculations via an integrated Excel spreadsheet
- Create charts (illustrating takt time vs cycle time, for instance) and send to the value-stream map and update the map data
- Manage the Lean transformation with a visual storyboard
- Standardize and speed up the mapping process with multi-shape templates